Week of April 16, 2017
Higher Ground Events and Activities
Join us in ASBC’s main sanctuary this Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 11:30 am for Senior Youth worship service!
Trip Duration: 23 June – 28 June 2017 (5 days) Trip Package Price: $2,500
ASBC Subsidy: $850.00 – in this subsidized amount, Alfred Street has included $100.00 in additional medical evacuation insurance. If you desire to include insurance that would fully allow you to recoup the full amount for cancellation purposes, please note that this would be an additional expense.
$50.00 made payable by the parent/guardian. Parent Responsibility: $1,650
The above pricing is based on double occupancy rooms, specified meals included per the program itinerary.
Immediate Next steps:
Deposit Due: 18 April 2017 – deadline extended- please submit ASAP Deposit Amount: $300.00
Balance Due: 15 May 2017
Please note: The $850.00 subsidy is limited to the first 12 people who confirms with the deposit by April 18- (deposit deadline has been extended. Please submit ASAP).
Higher Ground Announcements
- Announcement for Junior and Senior High School Students and their parents: In order to receive the ASBC Senior Scholarship, you must be a member of ASBC for two years or during your junior and senior years of high school, you must participate in at least 70% of the activities of two ministries, in addition to worship service. (Ministries include Senior Youth Ministry, Choir, Orchestra, Sunday School, AWANA, Ushers, Drama, Liturgical Dance, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc).
Please note: The two ministries requirement is a change! Last year it was one ministry!
- If you have information for the next weekly bulletin, please submit to gro.teertsderflanull@dnuorGrehgiH by Friday.
Other Teen News/Events
- UNCF/Koch Scholars Program – The UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP) is designed to teach students how to develop and apply an entrepreneurial mindset by exploring how the study of entrepreneurship, innovation, and economics contribute to the well-being of individuals, communities, and societies. Students interested in submitting an UNCF/Koch Scholarship Program Undergraduate Application may receive up to $2,500/semester in scholarship awards for up to four years totaling up to $20,000 in scholarship awards. For more information, please visit: https://uncf.org/programs/uncf-koch-scholars-program/pages.html
- Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives Intern– This internship position (unpaid) is located in the Office of the Administrator, within the Center for Faith-based and Community Initiatives (CFBCI). This office works to better equip faith-based and community development organizations around the world as they provide assistance to people in need. We do this by serving as a bridge between small non-governmental organizations and USAID. For more information please visit:
- http://www.usaid.gov/work-usais/careers/student- internships/center-faith-based-and-community-initiatives-intern
- There are numerous other scholarship and internship opportunities available. Please email gro.teertsderflanull@dnuorGrehgiH for more information on these opportunities.