Week of April 30, 2017
Higher Ground Events and Activities
Join us in ASBC’s main sanctuary this Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 11:30 am for worship service!
May’s Social Event:
On Saturday, May 6, Higher Ground will be at Dave and Buster’s!
Dave and Buster’s
6655 Springfield Mall Road
Springfield, VA 22150
Date: SATURDAY, May 6
Time: 11:00am- 1pm
NO transportation will be provided.
What’s included: Private Fellowship Room, $20 Game Cards, unlimited video games, food and drinks. REGISTER NOW! All guests are welcomed. Space is limited!
REGISTER NOW! All guests are welcomed. Space is limited!
Trip Duration: 23 June – 28 June 2017 (5 days) Trip Package Price: $2,500
ASBC Subsidy: $850.00 – in this subsidized amount, Alfred Street has included $100.00 in additional medical evacuation insurance. If you desire to include insurance that would fully allow you to recoup the full amount for cancellation purposes, please note that this would be an additional expense of $50.00 made payable by the parent/guardian.
Parent Responsibility: $1,650
If interested, please contact Rev. Dustin Sullivan.
Higher Ground Announcements
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) for young adults and the Teen Youth Leadership Program will be held July 17th, 2017 – July 21st, 2017 at ASBC. VBS summer ministry provides fun, fellowship and powerful ministry to 1,000 individuals and families in our church and community. Click here for more information and to register.
- Announcement for Junior and Senior High School Students and their parents: In order to receive the ASBC Senior Scholarship, you must be a member of ASBC for two years or during your junior and senior years of high school and you must participate in at least 70% of the activities of two ministries in addition to worship service. (Ministries include Senior Youth Ministry, Choir, Orchestra, Sunday School, AWANA, Ushers, Drama, Liturgical Dance, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc).
Please note: The two ministries requirement is a change! Last year it was one ministry!
- If you have information for the next weekly bulletin, please submit to gro.teertsderflanull@dnuorGrehgiH by Friday.
Other Teen News/Events
- Discover the World of Communication where you will learn to build a digital portfolio, script, shoot and edit a film, write a news story like a pro, speak with confidence, persuade, inform, educate and entertain. Our professional, hands-on workshops — open to students entering grades 9 through 12 — are taught by American University School of Communication faculty and communication professionals. Click here for more information or 202.884.2098.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training is a FREE eight-hour training and certification on skills to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. Click here for more information.