Frequently Asked Questions
Come “Well Prepared” for On-Site Admissions
What are on-site admissions?
On-site admissions are when college representatives admit students on the spot to their school.
What is required by the student in order to be considered for an on-site admission?
Students should bring several copies of the following to leave with college representatives:
- Official transcript in a sealed high school envelope (One for each school applying to: 4-6 suggested)
- SAT/ACT scores (printed copy)
- Completed Application for each college of choice
- Letter of recommendation
- Essay (writing sample)
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcript (student’s copy)
- High School resume
- Application fee may be waived in some cases
- Professional dress (suites/business attire) required for interviews. No Jeans! No Sweats! No Exceptions!
Talking to the recruiter
- What makes your school great?
- Do you have an honors college program?
- Do you have athletic/specialty scholarships?
- Are internships available?
- What is the graduation rate?
The college festival will be held on Saturday, February 18th, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The college festival will be held at T. C. Williams High School located at 3330 King Street, Alexandria VA 22302
Yes. However, due to the fact that colleges are still confirming, the most current list may be obtained by going to the College Festival website here.
No. It is up to the individual colleges to waive the application fee. The colleges that will waive the application fee during the college festival will be indicated on the list of invited colleges
Out of the 105 accredited HBCU’s, an estimated 75-80 are expected to attend
Yes. Due to the limited amount of space available, on-line pre-registration is NOW CLOSED.
No. It will not be possible for all of the participating colleges to offer on-site admissions. Those that do offer on-site admission will be identified on the list of invited colleges.
Everyone attending! Including parents, students, guardians, counselors, mentors.
No! the college festival is FREE!
Grades 10,11,12 and high school graduates.
No. Vendors will be available onsite for purchase of food and restaurants are nearby
Yes, If you are not able to attend the festival, please send name of individual or group, along with email address to:
To register a group Click Here to find the question “Are you registering 1 or more participating students (grades 10-12)?” and choose Yes, Multiple