Welcome to the Community Outreach/Missions Webpage of Alfred Street Baptist Church
“….inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these; you have done it to me.” -Matthew 25:40
We are committed to Jesus Christ in our worship, witness, and work. We are disciples who love, support, and nurture each other, and provide compassionate outreach services to the Alexandria community and beyond.
Alfred Street Baptist Church is able to carry out its mission only with the blessings of God and the support of our church family and others.
We are able to provide the following services:
- Financial Assistance
- Partnership with ALIVE
- Food Pantry
- Meal Services for the Homeless
- Provide Overflow for Men’s Homeless Shelter
- Annual Distribution of Christmas Baskets Fellowship for Children and their Families
- Annual Distribution of Thanksgiving Baskets Fellowship for Children and their Families
- Annual Distribution of Backpacks, School supplies for Children and families through our Brothers Keeper Ministry
- Annual Distribution of Winter Coats
- Annual Christmas Tree of Lights which provides Christmas gifts to children of incarcerated parents of Children and their Families in need.
- Hosting Individuals and Families Who Are Homeless
- Serving Meals and Distributing Toiletries and Clothing To Members of the Homeless Population.
- Feed the 5,000 – provides food annually for over 5,000 families.
- Distribution of blankets to refuges in the Alexandria area.
- Provide FREE HIV Testing
- Free tutorial services to children
- Hidden Halos – provides random acts of kindness to Alexandria members of the Alexandria community.
- Provide $1,400,000 in educational scholarships to students.
Our Community Outreach is able to carry out its mission only with the blessings of God and the support of our church family and others. Under the leadership of Rev. Marcia Norfleet our Community Outreach and our Missim Ministry provides many different services in and around the Alexandria community.
The Poor Saints Ministry provides utility and rental assistance, maintains a fully-stocked pantry to provide food for those in need.