ASBC Easter Sunday 2019
2019 ASBC EASTER SUNDAY (APRIL 21) PARKING,
DROP OFF/SHUTTLE AND CHURCH TRAFFIC FLOW INFORMATION:
Alfred Street Baptist Church is providing the following information regarding Worship Services, Children’s Church, Sunday School, Nursery, Parking, Drop Off/Shuttle/Metro and Traffic Flow Patterns to ensure that you’ll have the best possible experience at the (6AM) SUNRISE SERVICE at ASBC & (10AM) SERVICE at the DC ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS ARENA IN WASHINGTON, DC on EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 21.
Therefore, we ask that you please be patient and plan to arrive early. We also ask that you allow time for parking and walking to each venue. As you know, Easter Sunday is a special day of worship and by far, the most attended Sunday of the year for many U.S. churches.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS SECTION
CHILDREN’S CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL
There will be NO Children’s Church or Sunday School on Easter Sunday.
Nursery services will be available at the Saturday 6pm worship service only. Nursery service will NOT be available on Easter Sunday.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS SECTION
- Will childcare be offered at the 6am (ASBC) or 10am (Entertainment Sports Arena) worship services? No. Childcare will not be available on Easter Sunday.
- Is there seating for my limited mobility family member? Yes, special seating will be available for limited mobility members and 1 guest.
- What time does the church/venue open? The Sanctuary will open at 5:00AM for the 6:00AM worship service. Any worshippers in the building before 5:00AM will be directed to room 211/212. The DC Entertainment and Sports Arena will open at 9:00AM for the 10:00AM worship service. Any worshippers arriving before 9:00AM will be asked wait outside.
- How do I get to the 10:00 am worship service at the Entertainment and Sports Arena? Refer to the venue website for directions, parking and metro options: http://www.eventsdc.com/Venues/Entertainment-and-Sports-Arena/Directions,-Parking-Metro.aspx
- Is parking FREE at the Arena? Yes. Shuttles will be available from the parking lots to the venue. You can also park at the Oxon Hill Park and Ride lot and take a shuttle to the Arena.
- Can I drop off my limited mobility family member (wheelchair/walker/cane/unable to walk long distances) at the front and then find a parking space? Yes. There is a limited mobility/accessible drop off at the Entertainment and Sports Arena. Please note that we can guarantee seating for a limited mobility person and one (1) family member. The street in front of the venue will be managed by the DC Department of Transportation staff, who will direct personal vehicles using the limited mobility drop off. Refer to the Limited Mobility Arrival and Parking section for details on how we will reunite the driver with their limited mobility family member.
- Can I drop off my family at the front and then find a parking space? No. There is NOT a general family drop off at the Entertainment and Sports Arena (there is a limited mobility drop off). The street in front of the venue will be managed by the DC Department of Transportation staff, who will keep the area clear of personal vehicles. It is best for the family to park together and walk/shuttle together to the venue.
LIMITED MOBILITY/ SPECIAL POPULATION ARRIVAL & PARKING
If you or someone in your family uses a wheelchair, walker or cane, or is unable to walk long distances, we have made special provisions to ensure you have the best possible experience with arrival and parking at the DC Entertainment and Sports Area venue.
Option 1: Limited Mobility Kiss and Ride
A limited mobility worshipper who rides to the venue in a personal vehicle, can be dropped off at the entrance while the driver finds a parking space. Look for a sign at the entrance that says “Limited Mobility Kiss and Ride.” A volunteer will escort the limited mobility family member into the building, through the security screening, and to a seat. After the driver parks and returns to the building, the driver will have to follow the established process (stand in line outside if there is one, and go through the security screening). Once inside the building, the driver should look for a sign or ask for the Guest Services location. A Guest Services volunteer will escort the driver to the location the limited mobility family member is seated to reunite them. The church can guarantee seating for a limited mobility person and one (1) family member. For larger groups, we will do our best to seat everyone together. However, the church cannot guarantee that everyone in a large group will be able to sit with the limited mobility family member.
Option 2: Handicapped or ASBC Permit
Limited mobility members with a Department of Motor Vehicle issued Handicapped Sticker or ASBC parking Permit (who typically park in the back church parking lot) can park in the Blue Lot at the venue, which is right next to the building. Family members can either walk in together, or use the Kiss and Ride drop off described above and the driver parks in the Blue Lot. Please note that the number of spaces in the Blue Lot for Handicapped and ASBC Permits are limited and on a first-come, first serve basis. If the designated number of parking spaces in the Blue Lot for those with the Handicapped sticker or ASBC Permit are full, the driver will have to go to the next available open parking lot.
PARKING & SHUTTLES SECTION
6:00 AM Worship Service @ ASBC
Shuttle Bus Service
A shuttle bus provides free transportation from Braddock Road and Eisenhower Metro Stations to ASBC. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes starting at 5:00 a.m. from the metro station to ASBC, and returning to the metro station from ASBC after the service ends and until 8:00 a.m.
- Alexandria Gateway Garage (across the 300 block of Patrick St.):
190 spaces. All day Saturdays and Sundays, Parking is not available at this lot during normal business hours, Mon. – Fri. 9-5.
- Colonial (Colonial Parking), 551 John Carlyle Street (Patton Trade Office):
600 spaces. Pick up a ticket. Pick up validation ticket from ASBC Parking attendant. Use validation ticket when you exit the lot. 5 minutes to get from ASBC to parking lot. Dedicated shuttle buses on constant rotation.
No PARKING around the church
- South side of Duke Street, between Patrick Street (Route 1) and Alfred Street
- West side of Alfred Street (next to the church), between Duke and Wolfe Street
- East side of Alfred Street (across the street from the church), between Duke and Wolfe Street
- Drop Off and Pick Up Point: South side of Duke Street, between Patrick Street (Route 1) and Alfred Street
In consideration of our neighbors, please do not park between Duke and Wolfe Street.
10:00 am Worship Service at Entertainment & Sports Arena (1100 Oak Drive, Washington DC 20032)
Refer to the venue website for directions, parking and metro options:
Dedicated shuttle buses will be on constant rotation from the venue Green and Red parking lots.
You may also park at the Oxon Hill Park and Ride lot. Shuttle will promptly depart from the Oxon Hill lot at 8:00am, 8:45am, 9:20am, 10:00am, and 10:30am.
ABOUT THE DC ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS ARENA SECTION
Refer to the venue website for directions, parking and metro options:
Limited mobility should plan to arrive early.
Everyone entering the building during event preparations and the event will require screening. This includes staff, volunteers, contractors, media and general attendees. Guests will be screened, to include bag checks. Be sure to read the list of Prohibited Items. Please be advised that due to DC laws, some confiscated items may result in arrest.
PARKING & SECURITY
As you come on the campus, police will be on the exterior. As you enter the venue, parking staff will have flags to direct you to the parking lots. Once you park in the Green or Red lot, look for the designated shuttle pick up point sign in both lots. Within those lots, contracted security will be in marked cars to patrol the lot and address any emergencies. You can walk on sidewalks to the venue (green lot is relatively within walking distance). Ambassadors will be on the sidewalks to direct you as you walk to the venue entrance.
The Arena has higher elevations. If you have issues or concerns with heights or stairs, come early for lower seating. All seating will be on a first come first serve basis, and there is limited handicap seating. There is designated seating for limited mobility worshippers.
No Saving Seats/Enter Together to Sit Together
“Only complete Parties will be Seated” – Due to the volume of people expected, all seats will be filled as worshippers enter the building. The church does not want to turn anyone away and wants to ensure everyone has a seat to worship. Unfortunately, seats therefore can NOT be saved for someone who is farther down the line or parking the car. If worshippers want to be seated together, please enter the building together.
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE NORMAL ASBC SUNDAY ELEMENTS
- No Sunday School on Easter Sunday
- No Kid’s Street on Easter Sunday
- No Higher Ground on Easter Sunday
- Nursery services will be available at the Saturday 6pm worship service only. Nursery service will NOT be available on Easter Sunday.
- No CD or DVD sales on Easter Weekend.
- Deaf Interpreters will sign at the 10:00am worship service at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
REMEMBER TO TEXT “Easter” to 95577 for all Questions or Concerns!!