Everyone is invited to join us for our annual 24 HOURS OF PRAYER EVENT STARTING ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17 AT 7AM THROUGH SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18 AT 7AM as we kick off our 214th Church Anniversary Celebration. This year there will be two options for prayer: you can pray with us in person and/or over the phone. There are 30 sessions to choose from and you can register for as many sessions as you like. You can pray as an individual, discipleship group, family, Sunday School Class Group, and/or any other grouping. We encourage multiple people to register per session. Come with your registered time and pray until the Holy Spirit releases you!
Contact: Intercessory Prayer for more information or details.
Click on the LINK below to REGISTER for the 24 Hours of Prayer
The mission of the Intercessory Prayer Ministry is to build disciples to win the world for Christ through the power of praying together. The Intercessory Prayer ministry is committed to fostering a greater emphasis on personal and corporate prayer in the life of the believer and our church. We realize that prayer undergirds every aspect of who we are and what we do. We invite anyone to join us as we pray for people throughout our church, our community, state, nation and our world.
Intercessory Prayer is held every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 6:30am – 9:00am and also every Saturday from 8:00am – 9:00am in the Adkins Chapel.
Each Tuesday, prior to Bible Study you are encouraged to attend Prayer at 6:30pm in the sanctuary. Join us for prayer on the telephone every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 9:00 p.m. The telephone number is 1-605-475-4350. The access code is (412 632). In the event of inclement weather, we will meet and pray using the telephone conference call line.
The prayer time is facilitated by a member of the Intercessory Prayer Ministry and is open to all. Each night during the telephone conference call we pray specifically, according to the prayer theme for the evening:
• Monday evenings – Mission
• Wednesday evenings – Discipleship
• Friday evenings – Fellowship
• Saturday evenings – Worship
• Sunday evenings – Evangelism
During prayer times, please feel welcome to stay for the entire duration or leave early at your discretion.
Ministry Initiatives & Activities:
• On the fourth Monday, we partner with the pastor for a gathering called “Praying with the Pastor.”
• Every Tuesday, we meet for prayer at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary before Bible Study begins.
• On the first Thursday of May, we host a community prayer breakfast in honor of the National Day of Prayer. All are welcome registration is required.
• We update the weekly prayer list, which is posted on the this page of the website. You can submit prayer requests by calling the church, or submitting your request online.
• We partner in prayer with Vacation Bible School to pray for children.
• We partner in prayer with the Evangelism Ministry to pray for the lost and unchurched.
• We partner in prayer with back- to- school initiatives at T.C. Williams High School.
• We partner with the Brother’s Keepers Ministry to pray for the families and workers during the ministry activity.
• Every year, we sponsor a 24-hour Prayer vigil at the church.
• On the first Tuesday of June and December, we partner with the church leadership to promote an hour of Prayer and Praise before the church business meeting.