The John O. Peterson (JOP) Library is a lending library with a substantial collection of books in print, audio-visual and online resources for adults and children. Named in honor of Pastor Peterson who retired in 2006 after 42 years of ministry, the library’s resources cover a wide variety of topics such as prayer, evangelism, marriage, divorce, grief, parenting, African American and Christian history and other subjects of interest to members of our congregation, plus a variety of biblical reference books. Our goal is to assist church members, ministries, committees and staff with research and other ministry-related information that will enrich the spiritual lives of the Alfred Street community. Please e-mail the JOP Library team at email@example.com for more information.
Sundays, after each service and by appointment all other times.
- ATLA Religion Database (Password required) The definitive database of scholarly religious and theological literature. Request Password | Guide to Searching ATLA | ATLA PowerPoint Presentation
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals Free, full-text scholarly journals covering many subjects, including religion.
- Google Theological Journals Search Search results include full-text documents.
- Google Scholar Use to find books and scholarly articles, some full-text.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Use to find information on biblical figures or events.
- JOP Library Guide to Apps for Spiritual Growth and Development
- JOP Library on Pinterest
- Bible Geocoding The location of every identifiable place mentioned in the Bible.
- Wabash Center Internet Guide to Religion