ALFRED STREET BAPTIST CHURCH FOUNDATION
2019 Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Graduation by June 30, 2019 from a high school in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area (Washington, D.C.; Alexandria, VA; Arlington County, VA; Fairfax County, VA; Falls Church, VA; and Prince Georges County, MD) OR Alfred Street Baptist Church Membership
- US citizenship
- Admission to and commitment to attend a four-year institution
- Demonstrated commitment to community service
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Combined SAT score (reading/writing, and math) of 850 or higher OR a composite ACT score of 19 or higher
- Financial need
- School stationary and test scores signed by a counselor or other school official and submitted via snail mail on or before the application deadline will be considered.
Proof of Financial Need
- A copy of the complete Student Aid Report (SAR) – (The SAR is generated by the U.S. Department of Education after the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is submitted).
- If the SAR Expected Family contribution (EFC) is followed by an asterisk or a capital letter, the parent(s)’ or guardian(s)’ most recent IRS form 1040 must also be submitted.
- If the EFC is followed by “C” proof of citizenship must be submitted.
Financial information should be in PDF format and emailed by the applicant to email@example.com. The applicant’s last name followed by the first name must be included on the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: Each finalist will be required to provide a copy of an acceptance letter and a financial aid award letter from the college he or she plans to attend.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Approximately twenty five one-year Legacy Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.
- Two $20,000 Millennium Scholarships ($5,000 annually for up to 4 years).
The Foundation Scholarship Committee will review applications in April 2019; select and interview finalists in May 2019; and present awards in June 2019.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2019
All students must submit the online application and ensure that all supplementary material is emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, 2019. If the submission of official documents by email violates school policy or would require applicants to pay a fee, supplemental materials including transcripts recommendations and test scores signed by a counselor or other school official and submitted via snail mail on or before the application deadline will be considered.
The mailing address is:
Alfred Street Baptist Church Foundation
325 South Patrick Street
Alexandria, VA 22314